How do I get to the church?
- Our church is located in historic downtown Troy at 120 S. Market Street. The church office entrance is on Market St., while there are two sanctuary entrances on Market St. and one on Canal Street that is handicap accessible. For directions using Google Maps, please click here.
What are the services like?
- We offer three worship services regularly that meet the various needs of our congregation.
- Saturday Chapel Service at 5:00pm is a casual service held in the chapel. Communion is served at each Saturday service. This service is held in a relaxed atmosphere where we all feel like family.
- Sunday Service is at 10:30am. This is our main worship service with inspirational music from our choir. Communion is offered the first Sunday of each month.
- We recently began a new style of worship called Messy Church. Messy Church is for people of all ages and designed to be hands-on. This special worship service is help on the third Sunday of each month from 4-6pm.
- We also have a variety of special worship opportunities throughout the year. These include Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, and Maundy Thursday worship services to name just a few.
Is there a nursery available?
- Nursery care is provided for our children, infants through kindergarten, during the Sunday 10:30am worship service.
What kind of Children and Youth Programming do you offer?
- We also have Kids’ WOW (Worship on Wednesdays) for children ages 3 through 6th grade. This program provides a wonderful spiritual experience in a safe environment for children to learn about God.
- During the summer, we hold a joint Vacation Bible School with St. John’s United Church of Christ for children ages 3 through 6th grade.
- We send some of our children and youth to summer camp as well.
What else is available?
- Adult Education
- We have a variety of stimulating Sunday School classes for adults, as well as a Seasonal Wednesday Adult Studies (during Lent) at 7:00pm providing an educational experience that seeks to deepen our connection with God.
- Mission Opportunities
- Service to others is a vital part of the life here at First United Church of Christ. We give generously to many worthy projects through our Benevolence envelope collections. But we also strive to do more than just give of our money – we also a wide variety of opportunities to give of ourselves. Some of those opportunities include:
- Share-A-Meal for anyone in need of a meal and fellowship, the first Saturday of each month.
- Christmas gifts for Partners in Hope families, as well as the Head Start children.
- Easter baskets for Troy’s Head Start children and our shut-ins.
- Thanksgiving baskets for the Circles of Hope families.
- Our Backpack Program providing food for the children in Troy each weekend.
- Volunteering for Troy Lunch Club in the summer.
- Collections for the Family Abuse Shelter, FISH, Lincoln Community Center, the Food Pantry, and the UCC Disaster Response.
- Provide a meeting place for Circles of Hope, GED classes, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H, and Disaster Response.
- Monthly Bingo sessions for the residents of the Troy Center.
- A Relay for Life and Walk to End Alzheimer’s Teams
- Monthly contact with our shut-ins by our deaconesses.